Wollongong | Stanwell Park | Thirroul | Coledale | Corrimal
Our Safety Policy
Premier Charters views safety as a top priority. The health and wellbeing of staff and members of the public are paramount to our business.
We aim to achieve this goal via:
- Active involvement and commitment by management
- Consultation and communication with employees on safety issues
- Ongoing identification and control of hazards including terrorism and security threats
- Development and implementation of procedures for all activities that pose a risk
- Ongoing assessment of our employees’ fitness for duty
- Provision of all necessary information, training and supervision
- Investigation and reporting of all accidents and dangerous incidents
- Provision of emergency procedures
- Premier Charters Safety Management System is the primary mechanism for implementing and monitoring these activities.
As the senior operational officer in charge of the depot, the Manager has overall responsibility for implementation and monitoring of the Premier Charters Safety Management System.
Operations staff are responsible for ensuring safety policies and procedures are developed and effectively implemented in their areas of control, and to support staff and hold them accountable for their specific responsibilities.
Employees including drivers and mechanics are responsible for operating and maintaining buses/coaches in a manner that ensures the safety of staff, passengers and pedestrians, which abides with the legislative requirements of WorkCover, Transport for NSW, NSW Roads and Maritime Services and Premier Charters Safety Management System requirements.
Premier Charters Safety Management System will be evaluated regularly via audits and other mechanisms to ensure it remains relevant and effective. As part of this process, the Safety Management System Policy will be reviewed when required by changes in legislation or operations and at least annually.